It’s that time of year again, when we send off our nominations for the esteemed Pushcart Prize, edited by Bill Henderson. The deadline is December 1, but the long wait to hear back doesn’t end until about April or May, when notifications typically go out.
Editors are allowed to nominate up to six stories from the current year’s published pieces, and every year it’s a difficult decision. This year we settled on five stories to send. Our nominations are:
- The Odyssey, by Jia Tolentino
- The Eternal Youth of Everyone Else, by Adrienne Celt
- Carnival, by Scott Atkinson
- Hurricane Emily, by Subhadra Eberly
- Angels, by Jennifer Pashley
We hope these stories get the recognition we feel they deserve, and we look forward to reading the next edition of the Pushcart Prize!